Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Purpose

The main purpose for this blog is to force me to write. And to write everyday. And secondly, to help me develop my voice and what I want to say. Giving up the boob tube is mainly about developing myself. At the end of 2010 I want to be more than I am at this moment. A better writer, a better photographer, but also a better person. I want to be a better friend, a better sister and mother. This is a scary place for me. Anyone who knows me will tell you I am an extremely private person. I don't open up to many people. Maybe I figure the less of myself I put out there, the less they have to judge. But it also makes it very hard to connect. I often feel disconnected and distant from people and the world around me. So back to the theory of doing something different to get different results. This is radically different for me! Hanging myself out here for all to see. Even if no one reads these words. At least I've opened the door and made myself available. So here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment