Sunday, December 27, 2009

Why

So, what will this blog be about? Well, as you can guess I've decided to pull the plug on television for a year. Why? What made me decide to do such a strange thing? It started with getting ready for the New Year and making a "goals plan". Not a list of resolutions. That has never worked for me in the past. But a plan. Some goals for the new year and a strategy on just how to arrive at these goals. After sitting down and working on the plan, I realized how many things I really want to accomplish this year. Some I've been trying to accomplish for decades (like getting into shape) and some are new dreams. But there are ALOT of them. And I realized before I even started that there were not enough hours in the day to do all I wanted to do. At first, I felt defeated. Then my mind went to work figuring ways to squeeze more time out of my days. I already knew getting up an extra hour early (like I've promised myself in the past) wouldn't work for me. I am NOT a morning person. Some say it's dangerous to talk to me before my morning coffee, but I think they're a bit harsh. So a.m. workouts and the like are out. Then it hit me, like a brick dropping on my head. (heavy, obvious and somewhat painful) What about all those hours I spend watching TV? What exactly could I manage to accomplish if those hours were free? And that's what I intend to find out through this experiment. What will my life be like in a year if I give up the TV adddiction? They say the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing and yet expect different results. So maybe this is my journey to sanity. Doing something completely different and hopefully not just expecting, but getting new results!

No comments:

Post a Comment