Thursday, December 31, 2009

16 Hours Left

There are 16 short hours left until I pull the plug. I am spending the morning, watching a little TV (of course) decompressing from a fairly stressful week. I will need to find some new ways to decompress in the coming weeks and months. Let's see...bubble baths are always a winner. I think Qi Gong and Yoga will be my next line of defense. These are both things I've neglected over the last year that I think will make a big difference for me.

On a different note, preparing for the new year is of course about adjusting ourselves for the future, but also about reflecting on the year we've just completed. 2009 has been a good year for me. At the beginning of the year I made a vision board- a tool to focus my intentions and goals. 

On it was a picture of wonderful healthy foods-I wanted to improve my eating habits. This year I did the Raw Food plan for 2 months. 2 months eating mainly fruits, veggies and nuts. Yay for me! This year, I've decided to do about 2/3's raw. I think it's a balanced and doable. And with my tv-free hours I will have time to try those new raw recipes I've wanted to learn.

Also, I had listed travel. This year I got to travel home to California to see my family. And I went to Monterey and San Francisco. I got some great shots in the city and at the beach.  Then later that summer, I went to the gulf coast to camp at the beach. That was an incredible trip. Probably one of the best vacations I've ever had! And then in the fall, I took the kids and grand babies to Disney World. What fun!

There were lots of other things on the vision board. Some I made progress on and some I didn't. But overall when I look back on the year, I feel a sense of overwhelming gratitude for the life I live and the friends and family with which I am blessed. And I have such a sense of hope and excitement for 2010. Now to work on my vision board for this year. Hmmmm....i hope I can find a big enough board!

No comments:

Post a Comment