Sunday, June 6, 2010

a mind of it's own!

Are you one of those people who fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow? If so, I officially hate you. Well...not really, but I certainly ENVY you. It takes me at least half an hour to fall asleep on a good night and if I have a bunch on my mind it can take an eternity. Someone told me I should just stop thinking. Well, that would be nice, but my brain doesn't seem to have one of those handy "off" switches. In fact, quite to the contrary. I am absolutely sure my mind has a mind of it's own, and it does NOT listen to me. I've tried getting up and making a list, telling myself I can worry about it at a certain time in the future, concentrating on my breathing, and on and on. But like one of those slippery toys that kids play with, as soon as I grab it and and think I have control of it, my mind slips out of my grip and continues on it's own agenda. Ok, I know it's a little schizophrenic sounding. But I'm not afraid of being called bonkers. Won't be the first time, or the last I'm sure! ;-) Plus I hear all the best people are...at least a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment