Sunday, April 18, 2010

Greenway Project

The other day, I was on the internet looking for places to hike and/or bike in and around Nashville. I came across the website for the greenways in Nashville. Two weekends ago, I took a short walk at one end of the Shelby Bottoms Greenway, so I was a little familiar with them. But I was frustrated with the site, because it really didn't give you much information about the sites, other than a map. So I thought, wouldn't it be fun to go to all the greenways and write up descriptions with pictures so that people would have a better idea of what they were like.

Today was my first visit. I started with Shelby Bottoms since I was a bit familiar with it and chose to ride my bike instead of walk. And I could not have picked a more perfect day for a bike ride if I had tried. It was 65 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze and bright blue skies. Absolutely gorgeous. We did about 10 miles which was the complete loop, plus a little extra. I thought maybe I would post the log here, but I can't do what I'd like with pictures, so I will create a site to write and post the greenway project notes for anyone who is interested. I will tell you, if you are looking for a place to bike, walk or skate, Shelby Bottoms is a great pick!

Ok, off to do a little stretching and then bed. I should sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment