Monday, April 19, 2010

scales

I have a good friend who is a personal trainer and I was talking with him about exercising, losing weight, getting fit, etc... He said that I needed to throw out my scale! I, of course, told him it was the first thing I do every morning. "How does it make you feel?" he asked. Well, if I've lost weight-good, if I stayed the same-ok, and if I gained-bad. I could tell if it was going to be a good or bad day from that two second encounter with a weigh-in device. How silly is that, to let you mood and outlook for the day be determined by some numbers on a scale!? The more I thought about it, the more sense it made. He is the expert after all. So, this weekend I went through my closet and changed over my clothes for the season, weeded out 4 bags of stuff to take to Goodwill and threw the scale in the bags for good measure. Yikes! We'll see if I survive sans scales. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment