Saturday, May 29, 2010

flexibility

Flexibility is a wonderful thing wether it is used in yoga class or in life. I feel it's one of the lessons I'm learning through the current state of events in my life. I'd always thought of myself as a flexible person before, but looking back I realize I had a lot more rigidity than I would admit to myself. Take today as an example. I had planned to go down to the Farmer's Market with Riley, have lunch at one of the little eateries there, stroll around, buy veggies and find some cool things to take pictures of at the same time. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way. We got to the market, both of us hungry as all get out, to find the whole indoor section with the cafes was closed for renovation. So we hopped back in the car. On to plan B. I thought I would drive a little further into downtown and find a little cafe there to eat, again stroll around and find some cool picture opportunities. That too did not pan out. Turns out there was a huge graduation going on at the arena, mucho traffic and with my directional abilities I ended up a little turned around and not being able to find what I was looking for. So, on to Plan C-Riley and I ended up at BK. We ate lunch and then went to Moss Wright park and walked the trail a bit. I did get some lovely pictures of my beautiful "sweetcheeks" as she played on the playground and we ended up having a pretty good time. But certainly not what I had planned. In the past, I think I would have been very irritated and let it ruin any chance of having a fun day. But not today. Today I just went along with the flow and adapted, and it was nice. It was nice not to be uptight about things I can't control, and nice not to have to have everything just perfect and still be able to enjoy it. Nice to finish out the day with a smile on my face and a light heart knowing that all is well, even when life doesn't go according to my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment