Friday, May 21, 2010

laughter

A friend of mine posted a hilarious video on FB and I just sat in my room tonight and laughed like a fool...like I haven't laughed in a long time. And it felt so good. How does laughter do that? Is it the bible that says "Laughter does good like a medicine"? It is so true. It is like a medicine for our souls. I need to do it more often, let go of my seriousness and tap into the silly side. It makes me feel light and younger and set free of the weight of worry that I feel so heavily on me at times. It's as if I can block it (worry) out of the "surface" of my life, but am continually aware of the undertow beneath. But when I really laugh like that, I break free from the undertow itself. Like swimming freely in calm cool water, it's quite lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment