Wednesday, May 19, 2010

weekly

I'm sorry to see that I can't seem to get back here to write more than once a week. Have I returned to my couch potato ways, you may be wondering? Heaven forbid!  But I have found that being unemployed can be the busiest of full-time occupations. I have been running around, dropping off applications, doing interviews, looking for opportunities, making business cards, checking into returning to school and creating websites. It's quite hectic.

In this process, I'm discovering many things. Discovering what is important and what isn't is right at the top of the list. And I'm realizing that I'm just not willing to waste time on the things that are unimportant to me anymore. There are people that sadly fall into that category as well. Not that they aren't important as people-they just aren't the people that I now choose to have in my life. Maybe that sounds selfish, but I see it as a strength. This life is so fleeting. Why squander such a precious commodity on triviality?

And I find myself excited at the new prospects ahead of me. Each day seems to morph, evolve and change as it progresses. I'm never quite sure where it or I will end up at the last. At first, this was a completely un-nerving fact to the woman who thrives on order and schedules and such. But now, I am coming to see it as an adventure. An adventure that reveals what the universe has in store for me that day. Each day brings growth and progress and new beginnings and awakenings. And like a flower, I am so very grateful to be experiencing each one as it blooms into it's fullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment