Tuesday, March 23, 2010

small differences

Action
"We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee."
-Marion Wright Edelman



Small differences-
I like this idea of focusing on some small thing we can do everyday to make someone's life in our sphere of influence a little better, a little brighter. Today, I found a way to do that. There was someone I know who is going through a rough time. I sent her a text telling her to remember she is loved today. It was a small thing, I know. But she replied and said how much she needed to hear that today. And so that small thing was also a really good thing, a really nice thing. Did I save the world? No. But maybe I made it just the tiniest bit better by reaching out and by caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment