Tuesday, February 23, 2010

moving

"The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, but where we are moving" Oliver Wendell Holmes
This is one thing I can say for myself. I may not be perfect, but I am always striving to move in that direction. I am always trying to improve myself and the world around me. I think that's a great way to be. So many people just make it through life without thinking about growing. It takes thought and it takes work and it's completely worth it.

I had a great conversation today with a friend about the power of our words to create our life. And I realized I need to grow in this area. How much of what comes out of my mouth is ultimately negative ie: a complaint, gripe, negative comment, whining etc...! How much better would my life be and the lives of those around me if I were more careful and more positive in my speech? I think I would see many things coming to fruition that I have only dreamed of till now. So today I begin moving in that direction. What direction are you moving in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment