Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Do you do spring cleaning? I do. I love it. It seems so therapeutic to me! So this morning a friend put a bug in my ear about doing a spring cleaning of sorts for the body-a detox for the equinox. Spring is typically a time when we think about birth, renewal, awakening and shaking off of winter's long cold embrace. We clean out the cobwebs that have accumulated in the corners of our houses, but how about cleaning out the toxins we've been stuffing away in our systems for the past few months. You know what I'm talking about. All the Thanksgiving turkey, the Christmas Eggnog and cookies, the New Year's Eve drinks, and the warm starchy comfort foods that have gotten us through the long bouts of gray snowy days are tucked away in the recesses of our cells. (not to mention our hips!) So spring is a perfect time to sweep it all out and start fresh. We can take advantage of this energy which transforms a brown, dormant landscape to a blooming, green vista. We can co-operate with this energy to transform our inner landscape from toxic and sludgy to healthy and vibrant.

I've decided to start the cleanse tomorrow. I was sick for quite some time this winter and went through a couple rounds of antibiotics, steroids and countless other medications which I hated to take. There's no denying I've got a bunch of junk that needs tending to. Plus this is the one area from my New Year's goals I haven't seen any progress in to date. Maybe I just need some good Spring energy to jump start my plan! What do you want clean out this Spring? And the harder question to answer...what's stopping you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment