Sunday, January 10, 2010

making time

Day Ten

"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." Charles Buxton

When I told a friend about this journey and it's purpose (to make more time for important things in my life) they told me I would end up filling the time all too easily with trivial things. I can see how that could happen and it concerned me somewhat. So I began examining my purpose a little more deeply. I don't expect that just because I cut out TV time, I'll be able to "save the world" and that is not my purpose. My purpose is to have a more positive influence on and in my portion of the world and the circle of people that I touch. I like to say that if I have laughed, loved, connected, danced, learned, grown or helped someone in any given day, then it was a good day. By conciously making time for these things, by making them a priority, I am making my world better in tiny little ways every day. Right now, for me I think that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment