Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not what I expected

Well, today I did not accomplish what I'd expected to accomplish. But I did accomplish other things that were just as important. My son and I cleaned out the garage. My main focus was to be able to get to the pilates machine that I have yet to test out and that I can benefit greatly from no doubt. I did get the area cleared and ready, but still no test run. So my flabby core is still....well flabby. To make room for this year's box of financial papers in the storage area, I took up an old year's box to shred the contents. And as I sat overheating my poor little shredder, it hit me how very grateful I am to not have such a mountain of bills any more. But even more so I am thankful to not have the name or the life that I had then. Looking back, it's weird to see how unhappy I was. I wish I had not spent so much time living a life I did not enjoy. But that is the past and this is my present. In the present, I feel fulfilled in my work, happy with my relationships, comfortable in my skin, blessed in my home and confident in my ability to change and adapt to what life brings me each day. I'm in a really good place. So I accomplished a lot today, in an unexpected way.

No comments:

Post a Comment