Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inventory day

I've decided that on the last day of each month I will take an inventory of sorts to weigh how the experiment is going, look at which goals I am meeting, which goals I am missing and how I need to change my plan to be more effective. My friend is in college and taking a health class, and geek that I am, I was reading her text book a little today. It had a section on behavioral change and how it is most successfully accomplished. I think I'll be able to use some of the ideas from it to help me hone my plan a bit. I'm sure part of the reason I've failed at resolutions before has been that 1) I don't have a plan on how to reach the objective 2) I never go back and assess or refresh the commitment and 3) I give up if what I'm doing doesn't seem to work, instead of coming up with a new plan to reach the goal. So, tomorrow I should have an evaluation or score card if you will of progress for you. It will keep me accountable. And hopefully it will give me an idea of where to go from here.

The textbook had some interesting statistics. It said 80% of people make resolutions. 60% of the resolutions are health related. And sadly, only 10% of people keep the resolution and meet their goal. I really want to be part of the 10% who are successful and not the 90% that give up and quit!

No comments:

Post a Comment